Design Engineering Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 967
Job ID: R0000965
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary We are looking for an awesome research and development engineering manager to lead, mentor, and manage one of our CT x-ray tube development departments. We are creating and introducing a new series of x-ray tubes and electronics into our CT product offerings. You will be joining a diverse R&D group that develops high end x-ray tube products for major and developing OEM partners and has a lot of fun doing it. If you can handle challenging product requirements and deadlines, work with a broad range of technical backgrounds, handle success and failure with an indomitable spirit, and work through the rigors of R&D work - we would love to talk to you!
- Mentors and actively develops department personnel to enhance their skills sets to continuously improve the departments ability to develop X-ray tubes
- Manages budgets and engineering resources to design, develop, verify and validate anode-end-grounded tube platforms
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to proactively identify high risk design elements and implement mitigation activities and actions to reduce product performance and project schedule risks
- Confirms new products comply with best design practices and are rigorously verified and validated
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding technical design and manufacturing details of new products
- Strong overall general engineering skills and understanding of applied physics (we us all the mechanical and electrical disciplines, metallurgy, materials, manufacturing processes, electron beam manipulation and control, and chemical cleaning and surface preparation processes)
- Solid understanding of core X-ray concepts including X-ray generation, focal spot ratings, vacuum practices, and energy management
- Exhibits creativity and flexibility in resolving scheduling, resource and design difficulties
- Identifies design shortcomings in existing products and proactively manages resource to implement in new designs
- Actively documents and updates best design practices
- Experience in the design, development, and manufacturing of X-ray tubes (CT tube preferred)
- Has a strong desire to collaborate with and mentor engineering professionals and has demonstrated ability to build effective teams
- Demonstrated successful innovation within previous job functions (successful products, systems, patents, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Speaks Chinese (Mandarin) or Japanese (Preferred)
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Domestic and International travel up to 15%
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Applied Physics
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing CT or x-ray tubes
- 3+ years supervisory or leadership experience
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Design Engineering Manager
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.