Location: Las Vegas, Nevada US
Alt ID: 966
Job ID: R0000968
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Performs the physical or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. Unpacks and checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintains records of received goods and rejects unsatisfactory items. Lifts heavy items and may operate various material handling devices (i.e. forklift). Prepares and maintains records of merchandise shipped. Posts weights and shipping charges and prepares goods for final shipment. Examines stock and distributes materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines. May prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
OTHER SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES
- Material handling functions using bar code and automation tools.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature but recognizes the need for occasional deviation from accepted practice.
- Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instruction only on new assignments.
Typical Education and Experience
- High School Degree or equivalent
- 2 " 3 years of related experience
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Environment and Physical Demands
- As described in the job posting
Ability to Travel
- Travel may be required. See the job posting for more information.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Las Vegas
Location City: Las Vegas
Location State: Nevada
Community / Marketing Title: Material Handler
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.