Location: Franklin Park, Illinois US
Alt ID: 962
Job ID: R0000956
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Develops, implements and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture or fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies. Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products. Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new or existing product lines. Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
Varex Imaging is currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to support our Franklin Park IL facilities.
Varex Imaging is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer that:
- Directs and guides the activities of a mechanical systems and equipment design function
- Manages and analyzes the testing and feasibility studies of mechanical products, instruments, subassemblies, and packaging for new and existing products
- Directs the introduction of design changes to the manufacturing and drafting organizations
- Evaluates final results of mechanical design and test to assure accomplishment of technical objectives
- Ensures that proper documentation, such as test specifications and procedures, is provided to the appropriate functional area
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
Other Specific Functions or Duties: <
Performs all required management responsibilities including but not limited to:
- implementing the company's policies, programs, and guidelines; ensuring employee productivity and growth; managing resources; knowing Varex's business;
- maintaining functional, technical, and external market awareness necessary for managing immediate organization.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing) or Applied physics
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Masters of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing) or Applied physics
- 2 + years of experience in lean manufacturing and six sigma methodologies
- Generate requirements, specifications, defining test methods/criteria/protocols and validation
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn and apply what is learned
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
Become part of our team
Youre just one click away from the most impactful work youll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Franklin Park
Location City: Franklin Park
Location State: Illinois
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.