Equipment Build Technician
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 956
Job ID: R0000960
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to the component level to determine problems in non-functioning electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings. Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform checkouts. Rebuilds manufacturing equipment as required. May perform equipment modifications as directed by manufacturing engineers.
Job Responsibilities :
- Meets expected time commitments for job completions.
- Adheres to all safety requirements.
- Write and maintain accurate production documentation instructions.
- Maintains a clean work area.
- May perform preventative maintenance and assists in trouble shooting and preparing standard production equipment for maintenance.
- May facilitate team meetings.
- May assist in setting up work schedules.
Minimum Requirements :
- Associate Degree in Electronic Technology Preferred, related electrical education, or equivalent years of related work experience
- 3+ years of related experience in electronic troubleshooting component (i.e.: resisters, transistors, capacitors, PC, IC)
Preferred Qualifications :
- Associates Degree in Electronic Technology Preferred
- 5+ years of related experience in electronic troubleshooting component (i.e.: resisters, transistors, capacitors, PC, IC)
- CAD experience a plus (i.e.: drawings, applications)
- Experience with industrial controls
- Experience with instrumentation and measurement
- Experience with PCB design
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Equipment Build Technician
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.