Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 947
Job ID: R0000945
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Varex Imaging is currently looking for a Buyer to support our Salt Lake City, Utah facilities while reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions
- Coordinates purchasing activities with manufacturing, planning and engineering departments to acquire inventory in an effective and timely manner.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Reviews MRP data and processes purchase orders and purchase change orders and communicates requirements to suppliers.
- Process quality returns to suppliers.
- Responsible for procurement business system data input and integrity.
- Participates in maximizing the procurement teams' changes, part parameters; supplier database information, error report analysis, and part number/supplier code information.
- Performs volume planning for major commodities (e.g. materials, components, equipment and services).
- Interacts closely with suppliers and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Monitors the delivery schedule, supplier performance and quality for updating supplier scorecards.
- May recommend cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, request for quote, or alternative sourcing.
- Works with management to address all aspects of commodity management, including procurement support, commodity business plans, market trends assessment, pricing, and product availability.
- Requires domestic or global expertise of assigned commodities.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software.
- Procurement of parts, supplies and services in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree Business Management, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field (or equivalent experience, described above).
- 2-5 years of related experience as a Buyer in a manufacturing environment
Become part of our team
Youre just one click away from the most impactful work youll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Buyer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.