Assistant Corporate Controller
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 946
Job ID: R0000914
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Reporting to the CAO / Corporate controller, this position will have primary responsibility for the companys worldwide financial statement consolidation in addition to operational accounting for the companys most significant entities based in North America along with the Corporate entity. It includes managing a team of 5 direct reports, preparing journal entries and account analysis, providing explanations for monthly fluctuation of assigned balance sheets accounts and compliance to the companys accounting policies, SOX requirements, IC transactions, consolidation, and eliminations. Candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of all facets of accounting, including month and close process, journal entries, bank reconciliations, account analysis, USGAAP and SOX requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility for closing the consolidated general ledger for all 37 global entities.
- Direct responsibility for monthly close related to Varex US operational entities.
- Responsible for timely and accurate month end close by Day +10.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and year-end closing processes including review of account reconciliations and analyses.
- Manage consolidation process in SAP and implement and maintain controls around chart of account maintenance and consolidation processes.
- Ensures that company financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and US GAAP.
- In partnership with the SEC Sr. Manager, ensures that company financial reports are prepared in compliance with policies and directives, US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements including collaboration/ review of quarterly cash flow statement, non-GAAP / adjusted financials for earnings release, income statement, balance sheet, and equity roll forward.
- Ensures SOX compliance for the accounting functions including separation or duties and key controls.
- Performs accounting research as needed and recognize potential problems, recommend changes in methods or procedures to improve efficiency.
- Drive consistency in financial close processes for acquired businesses.
- Serve as SAP subject matter expert for general accounting areas and participate in further system implementations of acquired companies, as required.
- Performs special projects as assigned including taking lead for Blackline implementation in FY19.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- CPA required, strong understanding of USGAAP
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum of 7+ years of General Ledger experience at the corporate level in a public company.
- Minimum of 3+ years of managing professional staff
- Proficient in SAP ECC General Ledger module.
- Strong knowledge of relevant computer applications, including Excel (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc.), Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in SAP BPC Management Reporting application is a plus.
- Understand SOX and Internal controls.
Skills & Ability:
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills to interact with all levels of an organization.
- Hands on approach with strong attention to detail and fast learner.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Team player and have ability to work independently to achieve desired results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and produce high quality work in a fast paced environment.
- Interest in improving processes go extra step to get the job done.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment is a plus!
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Assistant Corporate Controller
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.