Field Application Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 945
Job ID: R0000942
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Field Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for the sales team, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Field Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Field Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and applications.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Provide design and specifications development support to engineering teams.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements to the factory.
- Perform technical / product training for sales people, customers, and OEM engineers.
- Assist in the design and development of new products.
- Travel to customer sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services. Approximately 30% travel required (mostly domestic, occasionally international).
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects to customers.
- Identify customers needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5-7 years of engineering experience such as software developer or hardware developer.
- Solid understanding of network communications technology.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Sales Support experience, a plus.
Availability to Travel:
- 30% (mostly domestic, occasionally international)
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Field Application Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.