Manufacturing R&D Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 928
Job ID: R0000889
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
Summary Varex Imaging (a former division of Varian Medical Systems) brings together the worlds best talent to succeed in our ongoing mission to save lives. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use leading X-ray technology and high-energy X-ray components for security and industrial applications. Our headquarters are in Salt Lake City, Utah with an organization of 1,400 employees in 18 countries. We embrace people from all around the world with different backgrounds and beliefs through our partnerships with our customers and our diverse employee population. We try to inspire and encourage people to have innovative ideas to be great in whatever they want to do.
Varex Imaging is currently looking for a Manufacturing R&D Engineer to support our Salt Lake City, Utah facilities. Responsibilities include:
- Directs and guides the activities of a mechanical systems and equipment design function
- Manages and analyzes the testing and feasibility studies of mechanical products, instruments, subassemblies, and packaging for new and existing products
- Directs the introduction of design changes to the manufacturing and drafting organizations
- Evaluates final results of mechanical design and test to assure accomplishment of technical objectives
- Ensures that proper documentation, such as test specifications and procedures, is provided to the appropriate functional area
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, or Applied Physics
- At least 2+ years of experience designing new products and demonstrated success in driving products to market
- At least 3+ years of experience developing new manufacturing processes, streamlining and optimizing existing processes, transitioning R&D products into a production environment, or manufacturing support .
- Familiarity with various manufacturing processes such as machining, brazing/welding, mechanical assembly, vacuum technology, and high voltage equipment.
- Familiar with interfacing to analog and digital controls, control and feedback, and test software tools (such as Labview or other similar system)
- Generate requirements, specifications, defining test methods/criteria/protocols and validation
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Masters of Science degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, or Applied Physics
- Six Sigma methodology
- Demonstrated desire to learn and ability to apply what is learned
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
Become part of our team
Youre just one click away from the most impactful work youll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Manufacturing R&D Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.