Location: Salt Lake City, Utah US
Alt ID: 718
Job ID: R0000570
To apply to a Varex Imaging position, please create an account and sign-in.
CURRENT VAREX IMAGING EMPLOYEES: Please apply by logging into your internal Workday Account .
Want to be added to our Talent Community? Click Here
We are currently looking for an Equipment Engineer to support our Salt Lake City, Utah facilities.
We are looking for an awesome electro/mechanical Equipment Engineer to join our team: an Engineer who is HEAVY on the Electrical side and has an understanding of the Mechanical side and knows how a system comes together.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, implement and validate production equipment
- Oversee the installation, modification, upgrade and maintenance of manufacturing equipment
- Maintain current records on equipment manufacturers technical notices, upgrades and safety issues
- Study equipment performance and reliability
- Establish programs and solutions for increasing uptime and for equipment problems that affect the manufacturing process
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing equipment repair and process engineering organizations
- Define and write preventative maintenance schedules
Minimum Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or related field), plus 5 years of experience;
- Or Masters Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or related field), plus 3 years of experience
- Strong overall electrical engineering skills and understanding (circuitry, analog circuitry, controls, test methods and systems, programming and software tools, etc.)
- Experience integrating and debugging systems and interfacing to analog and digital controls
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- PCB Design and Layout
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Experience in the design, construction and operation of high voltage (10s of kV), high power (100s of kW) power supplies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Familiar with FDA regulations
- Demonstrated desire and ability to learn and apply what is learned
Become part of our team
Youre just one click away from the most impactful work youll ever do. Apply now and join our mission to save lives. Someone, somewhere, will be glad you did.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Pay Rate Type:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
City: Salt Lake City
Location City: Salt Lake City
Location State: Utah
Community / Marketing Title: Equipment Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.